Bamboo Fabric Facts
Nudy Patooty undershirts are made of 95% organic bamboo (with 5% lycra for stretch!). Bamboo grass is one of the fastest growing plants on Earth and it absorbs carbon dioxide and releases 35% more oxygen into the atmosphere than hardwood trees. In addition to being environmentally friendly there are a number of other reasons why we love bamboo fabric!
- Anti-odour: Bamboo clothing naturally has anti-bacterial properties to fight odor.
- Regulates body temperature: Bamboo fabric clothing has micro-gaps, which aid in ventilation, meaning they trap cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter to regulate your body temperature, a key feature of women’s underwear.
- Absorbent & moisture wicking: The porous nature of bamboo fabric also means it is three to four times more absorbent than cotton, allowing it to wick and absorb perspiration away from the body, keeping you dry and comfortable all day long.
- Luxuriously soft: Bamboo fabric is super soft and feels like a combination between silk and cotton.
- No chemical pesticides: Bamboo can grow organically without the use of pesticides because it is naturally disease- and pest-resistent. Did you know cotton is one of the most intensely sprayed crops in the world?!